Job TitleIT Operations Manager (ISP / Telecommunications)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 7 years
Job Published24 June 2021
Job Reference No.1192240005
My client, a well established organisation in Durban has an urgent requirement for a Technical Operations Manager with solid ISP Exposure.
Purpose of the role
Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operational monitoring and support of the company’s infrastructure and technical services.
Management and development of the operations team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives that have been set for them.
- Responsible for managing the team, systems and processes to support global network, hosting, security and voice services
- Day-to-day operation of the operational team, providing overall guidance and supervision
- Manage operational resources to ensure that the business is able to meet the service levels. required and respond in a timely manner to network and server anomalies and outages
- Manage the team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives
Necessary Experience and/or Qualification
- Experience in managing operations teams.
- At least 3 years’ experience in comparable role within a service provider or telecoms organisation
- Strong engineering background with at least 5 years’ experience in the IT industry
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure and supporting large networks.
- ITIL qualifications is an advantage.
- Experience of ISO27001 is an advantage