Job TitleProgramme Manager - Telecommunications Technical
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published22 September 2021
Job Reference No.1283785906
- Control, track and programme manage Project Execution.
- Track progress and prepare reports / presentations to Exco
- Conduct meetings and workshops
- Manage project risks.
- Transition management
- Financial analyses and decision support
- Establish a PMO
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Ensure delivery against the strategic intent to establish a Towerco
- Prepare financial models, sensitivity analysis and business cases to support decision making and to assess business risks / opportunities for Project Stark
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
- Drive engagements in Project review meetings with cross functional business stakeholders at senior level –
- Deliver fact-based insights into variances and trends against project plans
- Ensure conformance and execution of the project management process (planning, status management, risk management and reporting).
- Control compliance to Project Management, Financial Management, Transition Management and business rules.
- Compile and Manage related Capex and Opex budgets, including Board submissions.
- Define processes and procedures for programme delivery and ensure best practices are adhered to, including governance.
- Engage with senior management for alignment on delivery goals and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for leading, directing, managing various workstreams to deliver against timelines.
- Assist in sourcing the support staff required and manage outputs once appointed
- Engage with Internal Stakeholders to address any project, financial, or transition management challenges and manage any escalations
Key performance indicators:
- Timely implementation of Programme within scope, budget and agreed deadlines (SLA achieved)
- Effective management of Costs and other resources
- Stakeholder management and managed risks
- Reporting/tracking of progress
- Planning: Next 6 months until all approvals and structures are in place including running the Governance and Regulatory processes
- Execution: PM for the integration which will take a further 6-12 months post planning.
- Responsible for seamless transition of assets and people from VSA to Towerco
- EXCO engagement – excellent presentation skills
- Project Plans
- Project Management
- Making sure all integration plans are well executed
- Well rounded work experience in Technology – Finance – HR Legal
- Work experience min 5 years
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques;
- Stakeholder management and relationship management
- Leadership and People management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (presenting and influencing)
- Problem Solving and analytical skills
- Strong Financial and business acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Programme management skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project/Programme Management.
- A minimum of 4 years financial and budgeting experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ exposure in Telco and Towerco environment
- 3yrs transition management experience in IT or Network environment(Advantageous)
- 3 or 4 year Degree in Engineering, Commerce or Accounting (essential)
- Project management qualification or similar (essential)
- Post graduate qualification preferred