Job TitleAftermarket Sales Representative (Parts Department)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 4 years
Job Published18 October 2021
Job Reference No.1335731380
The purpose of this position is to ensure the achievement of After Sales targets and objectives aligned with business objectives and GP targets. To ensure achievement of new business objectives, managing and expanding existing client base through personal performance and customer relationship management.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the following functions:
- The promotion of aftermarket services and value-added products in line with company targets and objectives to increase Revenue growth and profitability
- Managing a positive Customer experience and satisfaction
- Targeting and conversion of new Business accounts in the After Sales Department
Key Performance Areas:
- Promotion and selling of Aftermarket services, Parts, Accessories, Rental offerings, Service Contract offerings, Tyres, Driver Training, Load Testing and inhouse engineering
- Overall responsibility to achieve sales, growth and profitability targets in an assigned sales territory.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met (training etc)
- Visiting new customers to ensure safe operation of forklifts according to set standards and legal requirements by promoting Driver Training and load testing
- Inform and resolve customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses and credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms and other specifications
- Emphasise product features based on analyses of customer’s needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained and submit orders for processing.
- Assist with resolution of debtor’s disputes and assist with cash collections.
- Overall responsibility to meet growth / market share increase objectives; responsible to analyse, prepare and successfully implement strategy to target and convert new business accounts, cold calling on potential new accounts.
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of customer interaction and service – ensure that customer expectations in all regards are exceeded by building and nurturing partnerships based on a thorough understanding of the clients business and unique needs and challenges (drive customer service excellence, ensure good communication with customers, develop and implement strategy to ensure proper/ scheduled cover for assigned territory, developing partnerships with and tailor made solutions for clients, evaluation of own development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge/skills are addressed).
- Responsible to ensure mutually agreeable solutions to problems experienced by customers are reached and prompt actions / delivery on promises are performed
- Sound financial management of deals in line with budget and company strategic objectives (ensure the quality of rental business activities is in line with company objectives; ensure aftermarket order targets, invoicing targets and GP targets are met, ensure key administrative support functions are diligently executed, e.g. delivery and collection of contracts; ensure discounts are approved / within limits; ensure site inspections are carried out; etc.).
- Plan, prepare, submit and ensure achievement of short-term and long-term rental targets for assigned territory.
- Preparation and presentation of reports as and when required.
- Overall responsibility to ensure administrative procedures are followed correctly; responsible to ensure administrative duties are performed accurately and timeously; maintenance of customer records, etc.
- Participative responsibility to grow department in line with company requirements
- Participation in team/department meetings and development/training initiatives to ensure that the After-Sales Team functions as an efficient resource for the company
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of interaction with internal and / or external clients (maintain proper communication and joint resolution of problems, ensure prompt and accurate responses to queries / requests for assistance)
- Ability to develop and implement operational innovation by providing innovative solution offerings to Customer challenges
- Assist with Parts stock take exercises as and when required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills Education
- Experience and Training in similar Sales and Marketing orientated role
- Relevant Technical skill within the Materials Handling Industry
- Relevant knowledge of company products and value added offerings
- Proven and relevant experience within similar After Sales role
- Relevant Technical qualification within industry
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Code EB / 8 driver’s licence