Job TitleSenior Retail Sales consultant
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 7 years
Job Published10 January 2022
Job Reference No.1646986607
To be responsible for the external sales of the branch to ensure the achievement of the annual sales budget. Promote, increase, and maintain sales in the Northwest Province, Free State, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, and Tshwane Regions by building the Brand and its extensive product range. Must ensure compliance with the company sales strategy whilst achieving acceptable customer levels.
MINIMUM SKILLS & KNOWEDGE REQUIRED (COMPETENCIES)
• Diploma/Certificate in Sales or a similar relevant industry qualification and experience
• IMM Degree or Brand Management would be advantageous
• At least 3 – 5 years relevant experience as an external sales representative in the retail sector
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Monitoring and reporting on the monthly progress of actual sales, to budget and forecast.
• Assist with the performance of competitor analysis to determine market trends, pricing and service offered by competitors, as well as new competitors entering, and those exiting the market.
• Monitor the implementation of price increases during the year with customers.
• Monitoring the granting of discounts to customers in line with the company policies and procedures
• Analyse monthly statistics on customer support levels and implement corrective action plans for issue relating to the sales process.
• Manage all negotiations with customer and report to the General Manager on any challenges and solutions that you have developed and worked on.
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly feedback to the General Manager on actual sales for and against budget and forecast.
BEHAVIOURAL DIMENSIONS REQUIRED
• Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent assertiveness skills
• Taking initiative, efficiency orientation and adherence to standards
• Team building and leadership skills to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships
• Self-starter who works un-supervised and manages own time and activities