Job TitleMarketing and Sales Customer Service
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 5 years
Job Published07 July 2022
Job Reference No.1733307590
Core Knowledge & Skills:
- Matric plus 2–5 years ships agency experience.
- Relevant shipping courses
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent Customer service relationship skills.
- Knowledge of Clients and markets
- Knowledge of restrictions at various Ports and commodities
- Bookings for all trades
- Knowledge of reefers and dry cargoes.
- Updating of vessels and voyages/stack dates into Dinamix on a daily basis
- Daily updating of EDI, which is downloaded into Dinamix – importing of vessel files 3 times a day
- Client rate follow ups on a daily basis.
- Application for acceptance of hazardous cargo/special equipment and stowage requests
- Application for detention and demurrage requests
- Updating of export client stats for all trades
- Export CSR’s for all shipments to be done and approved prior vessel ETD
- For all freight collect shipments – send eMail to respective POD
- TDR Reports – monthly for all trades – due 2nd of each month
- Monthly allocation report for all trades
- Sailing schedules forwarded to import/export clients including all major C&F agents
- Negotiate and quote freight rates upon approval and send to clients when Reps are not in the office or as required
- Assist both import and export clients with queries and transshipment details on both import/export legs
- Submitting surveys for new trades
- Advise clients of all new increases of rates/BAF/surcharges, etc.
- Attend annual Marketing Conference as required
- General record keeping and filing