Job TitleScientist/Senior Scientist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 4 years
Job Published10 December 2021
Job Reference No.1872855732
To execute development programs of scientific and engineering nature as part of a project team where propellants, combustible and pyrotechnics are required. To direct and control the technology building blocks for current and future propellants, demolitions and pyrotechnics. To provide technical support for series production. All of these activities are conducted within Customer’s technical schedule and cost requirements.
- Develop propellant, combustible and pyrotechnic energetic materials and peripheral technologies for munition sub-systems within quality, schedule and cost constraints and according to the Military Acquisition Process.
- Direct and control activities between the pilot/production plants, laboratories and test facilities.
- Compile (design) the Data Packs (for Qualification and Series Production) for propellant, combustible and pyrotechnic energetic materials and sub-systems.
- Provide input to future technology demands and assist in establishment of capability.
- Write technical reports and make presentations to Management and/or Clients.
- Provide a technical support service to the Manufacturing Department during series production. This includes: design of formulations before start of series production, manage document changes and non-conformances and solve technical problems by leading and conducting investigations and industrializing new materials and/or processes.
- Make presentations to local and/or foreign Clients during design reviews and other meetings.
- Participate in design reviews and technical project meetings to ensure low risk designs and achievement of cost objectives and milestone schedules.
- Direct development/technology activities via well formulated technical inputs to the Manufacturing Department in accordance with the Regulations and the OHS Act to contribute to the health and safety of staff.
- Represent Company on national and international forums.
- Qualifications: Minimum MSc in Chemistry.
- 3-4 years work experience
- Experience in the field of propellant, combustible and pyrotechnic energetic materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers and technicians.
- Experience in Product Development and the Military Acquisition process.
- Experience in Project Management and Problem Solving.
- Proven planning, time management and organizational abilities or skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, have an inquiring mind and well developed analytical ability.
- Ability to work in a team and function independently with drive and initiative.
- Computer literacy viz. MS Office Packages