Job TitleField Support Technician
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 5 years
SalaryR2 to R5
Job Published11 August 2021
Job Reference No.1959304363
Field Support Technician
An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Field Support Technician within the water metering industry. This position is based in Johannesburg.
The candidate main job purpose will be to assist with all technical support to customers and field technicians
The support technician will be based in Durban and reports to the CSD manager.
- Supervision of Field Technicians.
- Task allocation.
- Serve as escalation of difficult queries and issues arising from technicians.
- Ensure all callout equipment is maintained and monitored.
- Customer Communications (callout scheduling).
- Firstline support for trouble shooting.
- Evaluate product that is returned from the field suspected of being faulty (special investigations).
- Assist development team with the evaluation of field returns.
- Assist with Field investigations on site.
- Customer Call Outs tickets completion and review.
- Ensure that FST/utiliPro procedures are adhered to.
CUSTOMER SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION
- Test and verification off FST software before distribution.
- Ensure monthly customer security codes are updated.
GENERAL AND ADMINISTRATION
- Administering the distribution of product user manuals.
- Onsite and remote training assistance.
- Submission of required and requested reports.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
- Experience within the water metering industry is essential
- Technical / Plumbing experience will be an advantage.