Job TitleProduction Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience1 to 6 years
SalaryR550000 to R600000
Job Published22 June 2021
Job Reference No.2084253952
Accountable for quality, standards, service and desired outputs within inter-related functional areas of responsibility. May be responsible for work of others. This role will work with various closely related concrete variables, requiring an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning inter-related functional processes.
The purpose of this role is to enable achievement of Production targets, within area of responsibility, through effectively managing production activities and ensuring adherence to an operational and financial framework of practices, processes, standards and controls.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs:
Actively engage at regional level in the End-to-End Sales and Operational Planning Process
• Contribute to the Material Planning process as well as the execution of the Material Plan for region of responsibility
• Ensure that the Daily Production / Manufacturing Schedule is aligned to ensure delivery in line with customer requirements
• Work in conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager to guarantee order fulfilment in line with customer requirements, cost, quality and time parameters
Produce / Manufacture Product
• Monitor the Daily Production / Manufacturing Schedule to ensure timeous product delivery to customers
• Manage the entire end to end Production/Manufacturing process for relevant region
• Supervise the production of syrup and related products in line with established standards, policies; procedures and safety guidelines
• Ensure that all Infrastructure are maintained to ensure optimal capacity usage and availability
SHERQ framework, initiatives and communications
• Monitor the execution and maintenance of a SHERQ Framework of practices, processes, policies and procedures, standards and controls for application across all geographies
• Assist with monitoring SHERQ Compliance in region of responsibility
General Business, Financial and People Management
• Actively participate in operational planning and budgeting processes
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices, processes and systems
• Ensure adherence to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and controls
• Ensure Adherence to all applicable Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Standards
• Manage cost drivers and take the necessary action to mitigate financial risk and address variances and discrepancies
• Ensure that the right people capacity is in place and manage employee performance through effective and goal directed people leadership
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / NQF level 7 (Essential)
• Up to 6 years experience (Supervisory) Supervisory; FMCG;
• MS Excel; MS Word; SAP; E Mail; MS PowerPoint
• Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks
• Proactive identification of functional problems related to a specific process or policy, determine cause and impact, and choose the best alternative to solve the problem based on guidelines provided and an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning the problem.
• Others outside of own work area but inside the organisation
• Ability to openly addresses conflicts as they arise to ensure maintenance of strong relationships
• Considers relevant information when resolving conflict.
• Demonstrates an understanding of all parties view-points.
• Takes a calm and objective approach when resolving conflict.
• Proposes suggestions which promote resolution to conflicts.
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful outcome.
• Able to communicate and gain team commitment to a vision of what is to be achieved.
• Delegates fully and creates opportunities which help others to develop their potential.
• Identifies inequalities of opportunity within the workplace and takes steps to address them.
• Inspires and empowers others to overcome difficulties and achieve goals.
• Nurtures strong team identity and pride.
• Able to communicate verbally in a logical manner.
• Takes the intended audience into account when communicating verbal information.
• Makes use of appropriate business language in verbal communication.
• Includes all relevant information in verbal arguments.
• Demonstrates proficiency of language in verbal communication.
• Interprets complex information to expresses own viewpoint in verbal communication.
• Concludes verbal arguments by making reference to relevant facts
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements