Job TitleSnr Full Stack Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 6 years
Job Published21 July 2021
Job Reference No.22104943
Our Client, a leader in the Digital services industry, has a vacancy for a Senior Full Stack Developer, to be placed in Cape Town - Cape Winelands.
PERMANENT POSITION TO START IMMEDIATELY
The purpose of the Full Stack Developer focus will be on the design and development of platform features, analyses of current product technical requirements and development of standardised interfaces. Furthermore, the focus will also be on building and working on enterprise grade software systems, as part of an agile team. Contribute to team mentorship and growth by positive interaction with team members.
Key Areas Of Responsibilities:
- Software Development
- QA and Testing
- Team and Collaboration
- Design and Architecture
Job Activities/ Tasks:
- Where applicable, perform detailed analysis on new features, and develop technical specifications and design documents.
- Translate software requirements into concise and robust code by developing, maintaining and supporting effective solutions. This includes process and system design, development, and testing of own code.
- Use common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Use your knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Use your knowledge of containerisation to create and maintain Docker containers.
- Apply your knowledge to primary systems based on NodeJS, Express, React, Redux, Typescript, Webpack.
- Interact with and develop against MongoDb as the primary database.
- Interact with PostgreSQL as a secondary database.
- Interact and contribute to an ElasticSearch cluster.
- Interact with secondary systems built with Angular/Angular JS.
QA & Testing
- Assist QA and Support departments by debugging and fixing bugs on an ongoing basis.
- Unite testing of all working code
Team & Collaboration
- Contribute to the team by mentoring Junior Developers on the Company's specific systems & processes, as well as best development practices, processes, and technologies.
- Continually strive to improve personal and team productivity through contributing improvements to processes and systems
Design & Architecture
- Develop technical aspects according to project specifications.
- Adhere to the company's software development standards and processes along with industry best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules and supervise project status against project deadlines.
- Follow In house development processes, which includes working closely with product management, and the QA department.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- 6-year degree in IT / Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable institution with software development as a main focus in the programme.
- 6+ years’ experience in widely adopted programming languages and browser scripting languages.