Job TitleTechnical Lead
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 7 years
Job Published28 July 2021
Job Reference No.2255996395
My client, a well-established IT House in Durban has an urgent requirement for a Technical Lead. The ideal candidate will provide advanced technical support in an effective and professional manner to internal and external stakeholders, in addition to providing leadership to the technical team.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders, in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken.
- Provide technical support and knowledge in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration.
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to.
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with efficient resolutions.
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support.
- Provide mentorship and drive learning initiatives within the team.
- Manage and lead various cloud related and technical projects for key client accounts.
- Perform regular client site inspections.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and technical methodologies used in a technology driven business.
- Be a Microsoft 365 evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- 5-7 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- 5-7 years’ experience troubleshooting and upgrading desktop/workstation and server hardware
- 5-7 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting and setting up mobile devices, especially those on the Android and iOS platforms
- Windows Server and SBS operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration and migration
- Azure experience – support and administration of Azure based infrastructure
- Microsoft Office application suite
- Advanced networking – routers, access points, switches & firewalls
- DHCP Servers, Active Directory
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience in Disaster Recovery applications, processes and procedures
- Experience having worked with a helpdesk ticketing system such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Microsoft certifications in AZ103/MS100 & MS101
- Other cloud-based technologies – AWS, IBM, Google
- Advanced networking – Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Linux operating systems
- MCSE or equivalent
VMware & Hyper-V