Job TitleMarketing Assistant
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 3 years
Job Published21 June 2022
Job Reference No.2354152331
Core Knowledge & Skills:
- Matric + 2 – 5 years ships agency experience.
- Relevant shipping courses
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent Customer service relationship skills.
- Knowledge of Clients and markets
- Knowledge of restrictions at various Ports and commodities
- Bookings for all trades
- Firming up of bookings prior to firm stacks
- Rechecking rates on bookings prior to stacks firming
- Daily telesales – minimum of 10 calls per day and reported daily. Canvassing for both import/export bound cargoes
- Negotiate and quote freight rates upon approval and send to clients when Reps are not in the office
- Requesting rates and free time from MD
- Application for acceptance of hazardous cargo/special equipment and stowage requests. Update LMS addon to obtain DG certificates.
- Verifying of DG and non DG lists
- Application for detention and demurrage requests
- Assisting internal and external customers with queries. Assist both import and export clients with queries and transshipment details on both import/export legs
- Amending routing or connecting vessels as per Trade instruction
- Export RFA’s and Free time for all shipments to be done and approved prior vessel ETD
- Send email to respective POD for all freight collect shipments
- Advise clients of all new increases of rates/BAF/surcharges, etc.
- Updating of export client stats for all trades
- Customer record update (All trades).
- TDR Reports – monthly for Far East – due 5th of each month (ASA/FAX)
- Monthly allocation report for all trades
- Prepare Capman/tonnage report daily. Daily updating of EDI, which is downloaded into Dinamix – importing of vessel files 3 times a day. Monitoring of vessel tonnages daily.
- Clearing of errors on Dinamix after EDI processed
- Requesting for space from Branches when allocation has been reached.
- Prepare booking vs. allocation report, Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
- Compile weekly sales meeting minutes.
- Prepare e-commerce report and submit to SARO every Friday.
- Action Named Account bookings - prepare spreadsheet for Singapore.
- Checking with Dur and Cpt export team for date of sailing and final figures for month end report
- Capture stats in Dinamix for both imports and exports. Follow ups with Branches to ensure import and export manifests are completed for month end reporting
- Assisting customers with e-Commerce support ie. Customer creation/Registration and log in/booking capture
- Approving e-Commerce Customers
- Customer Code creation on LMS and Dinamix
- KPI for ASA/FAX service due 7th of every month
- e-Service report – sent out weekly to SARO
- Submitting surveys for new trades
- Managing mail queue. General typing and filing
- Attend annual Marketing Conference
- Assist with/note minutes for Marketing Conference
- Assist with cocktail function if in Durban
- Calendars/gifts – collate and arrange distribution to all branches & stock take of gifts