Job TitleGeneral Ledger Accountant
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published08 September 2021
Job Reference No.2657212534
The position requires a dedicated and strong team player to supervise and work with the accounts team.
They will be responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger balance sheet accounts for the firm.
This position requires the successful candidate to comply with the services department criteria and be prepared
to work in accordance with the dictates of the practice and the team's deliverables including being willing to work
overtime when necessary.
- The incumbent must have their own reliable transport.
A general outline of the position is provided below:
- Supervision of team members
- Monthly review and reconciliation of all general ledger balance sheet accounts for the firm and related entities
- Monthly reconciliation of all intercompany transactions
- Monthly review of all payroll reconciliations
- Approving general ledger journal entries
- Attending to VAT and income tax queries
- Assisting with the preparation of annual audit working papers
- Preparation of audit specific calculations (IFRS)
- Implementation of IFRS disclosure and calculations for financial statements
- Drafting of annual consolidated financial statements
- Pro-actively managing and resolving audit queries during the audit
- Other ad hoc wider tasks as and when required
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with the relevant computer software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook , Excel and accounts package 3E.
- Proven team player, professional, flexible and friendly
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail orientated
- The ability to work under minimum supervision
- B.Com or similar degree/certificate.
- Completed articles (SAICA/SAIPA/similar)