Job TitleDealer Sales Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published13 September 2021
Job Reference No.2895008968
The purpose of this position is to ensure achievement of new business objectives, sales targets and revenue growth generated through personal performance and the performance of the Dealers, best management practices are followed in all areas of responsibility regarding new equipment sales procedures and actions, promoting a customer oriented service, to implement and uphold actions in line with company strategic vision, to maximise efficiency of the department and to operate the department profitably according to set targets.
- Overall responsibility to manage Dealers of the Group achieve set key performance indicators set as target.
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of customer interaction and service.
- Guide the sales team in attracting and securing new business and developing partnerships with and tailor made solutions for clients.
- Evaluation of dealers development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge and skills are addressed.
- Responsible for all field sales activities in an assigned geographic territory and market or sales division.
- Attain maximum net income from the sales of company products and services within the context of company policies.
- Develop and achieve short and long-term sales goals for the Company’s products in the assigned territories and markets.
- Make necessary field trips, contact customers, distribution, and end-users; attend conventions and exhibitions a required to promote the sale of products in the assigned area.
- Work with other field sales managers from other territories or divisions within the company in a team environment to achieve maximum results for the Company as a whole.
- Communicate regularly with Customer Service and other teams within the Company relevant customer, market, order and product information
- Communicate and implement the policies and strategies of the company as they relate to the assigned territories
- Practice a sense of business morality. Ethics and quality in all activities
- Prepare market and customer sales forecast by product as required to achieve required market share, participation and winning ratio
- Communicate market information to sales management ; e.g. information on competition, customer market changes
- Ensure that all activities conform to Company policies, and all appropriate laws and regulations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be directed
- Sound financial management of department in line with budget and company strategic objectives
- Plan, prepare, submit and ensure achievement of Dealers budget.
- Preparation and presentation of weekly, monthly and quarterly + ad hoc reports.
- Overall responsibility to ensure sales team follows administrative procedures correctly.
- Manage development and performance of the sales team within defined, allocated sales areas; ensuring that the team maintain acceptable levels of coverage, growth and profitability in their sales territories.
- Drive customer service excellence & ensure good relations and communication with customers.
- Grow department in line with company requirements.
- Tertiary qualification in Sales or Business Management
- Proven, successful track record and experience in managing a sales team in the material handling or related industry; minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Previous sales and sales management experience with emphasis on growth and strategic value-based selling
- Code 8 driver's license
- Mathematics with Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Sales and Marketing with Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Computers and Electronics with Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language with Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service with Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management with Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active listening
- Time Management
- Service Orientation
- Reading Comprehension
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Learning