Job TitleSenior Product Developer: Food and Homeware
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience10 to 15 years
Job Published07 July 2022
Job Reference No.2932495533
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join my client's dynamic team to assist in expanding their product offering, especially in e-commerce drive. The ideal candidate is solution orientated, with proven experience in food procurement. The role suits a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who can easily adapt to the ever-changing market environment and organisational requirements. If you’re passionate about your work – to the point where it inspires others – this opportunity is for you!
- A relevant commercial degree or diploma.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ retail buying and product development experience.
- Previous experience in a procurement management role. Demonstrable results in complex buying within a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Previous experience in product development in food production.
- Knowledge of logistics/warehousing, as well as delivery systems and procedures.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good planning and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and must be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Head the product development team.
- Lead new product development for all outsourced products in support of our food and homeware strategy.
- Perform end-to-end activities relevant to product procurement.
- Identify suitable new suppliers, whilst building and maintaining strong supplier relationships with both new and existing suppliers.
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and supplier agreements for legal correctness, pricing, and acceptability of items in terms of specifications.
- Ensure that quality of all sourced products is in line with our product quality standards.