Job TitleSolutions Architect
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
Job Published29 June 2022
Job Reference No.3322310878
We are looking for a full time Solutions Architect in Durban or Johannesburg. To qualify for the role the ideal candidate will have proven work experience and exceptional knowledge of the Telecoms / ISP Industry.
Objectives of the Role
- This is a critical role within Architecture and serves as the owner of the Customer solution roadmap, Design, support and commercial build of E2E Customer Solutions.
- Drive the growth and servicing of all Customers product and service requirements.
- Own and ensure that all products that has been designed are delivered and managed within the committed timeframes
Pre-Sales, Sales and Customer interface:
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings relevant to the pre-sales cycle.
- Responsible for Solution feasibility, qualification and articulation.
- Determination of internal and external technology/technical, pricing and vendor requirements for Solutions.
- Production and provision of high-level architectural design and execution of Solutions for Customer requirements.
- Ensure RFPs, Tenders, Proposals and solution amendments are responded to with adequate quality, within prescribed timescales, with input from Technical, Delivery and Commercial.
- Provide technical and Solutions support and advice for Sales team, and assist in evaluating opportunities, based on technical requirements and alignment with business capabilities.
- Ensure collaboration with Vendors, Customers and partners to understand latest offerings.
- Internal engagements with the Sales team.
- External engagements with Customers.
- Consult with the Technical Teams to assist in the development of Solutions (designs equipment/hardware, configurations, etc.) to meet company requirements and Customer needs.
- Ensuring compliance with our architecture and engineering standards, specifications, policies and protocols in the formulation of the Technical Solution Document (TSD) for all Customer solution requirements.
- Owning the process and following correct approval protocol from Divisional Technical Heads and Directors.
- Technical oversight of the development and delivery of the Solution over the project lifecycle.
- Analysis of key performance metrics and indicators for network infrastructure to ensure service availability
- Analysis of infrastructure resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning.
- As required, create and update documentation for all relevant procedures, Solutions and architectures.
- Internal engagements with Technical teams.
- External engagements with technology vendors.
- Production and provision of complete Solutions delivery and support packs in line with Operations (Delivery and Support) requirements.
- Solutions review post implementation and Customer handover of the Solution to the Customer (Designed versus As Built).
- Internal engagements with Delivery and Support teams.
- External engagements with Customers.
Procurement and Vendor interface:
- Product Development, ensuring product positioning is achieved, delivering key benefits, targets and deliverables.
- Definition/Provision of Vendor technology requirements for selected Vendors (preferred/identified).
- Assessment of Solutions proposals and quotes received from technology Vendors.
- Final selection, validation and verification of technologies and Vendors required for the Solution based on internal, external and Customer requirements.
- Internal engagements with Procurement team.
- External engagements with technology Vendors.
Necessary Experience and/or Qualification:
- 5+ years of Pre-Sales and/or Solution Architecture experience within a Service Provider environment or ICT / Telecommunications Industry
- 5+ years of Technical Engineering experience.
- Relevant network certifications an advantage.
- In-depth technical understanding of networking, voice and secure cloud products and services.
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure.
- Experience in communicating technical Solutions directly with Customers.
- Experience in articulating technical designs and requirements in a structured format.
Personal Skills/Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical and strong analytical skills required.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Interpersonal communication and Customer service skills in order to work successfully with prospects, Customers and performance teams to meet performance goals.
- Self-motivated, project and account management experience.
- Travel to prospective Customer’s sites as necessary.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.