Job TitleFront Desk Assistants (x5 Positions)
Experience2 to 3 years
SalaryR10000 to R11000
Job Published10 December 2021
Job Reference No.3513701430
FDA (Front Desk Assistant)
Temporary Assignment in Mowbray, Cape Town
Residence Reception, Higher Education
Effectively provide administrative and front of house services at residence level
- Effectively manage the reception services including: Mail, Telephone and Message service
- Provide a front of house and first point of contact with residents, visitors, and guests.
- Ensure that the Student Housing & Residence Life access control policy is adhered to.
- Effective management of the residence records.
- Interaction and service to students and stakeholders.
- Maintain the official noticeboard IRO relevant Student Housing & Residence Life information.
Assist in co-ordinating, executing and monitoring Student Housing policy and services at a residence level
- Conduct regular monitoring schedule at a residence level.
- Provide regular monitoring reports IRO operational activities and services to ensure efficiency, quality and standards are maintained.
- Assist in monitoring third party contracts including:
- Access Control
- Grounds & Gardens
- Monitor and execute the provision of the following at a residence level: Cleaning, Curtaining, Furnishing, Laundry and Linen
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at a residence level.
- Act as an Alternate Health & Safety Representative.
- Act as the residence First Aider and manage the First Aid kit and recording of all incidents.
Effective record keeping and liaison with Student Housing & Residence Life central office IRO allocations
- Effective registration of residents.
- Effective recording of all room allocations.
- Effective management of residence records IRO RMS including:
- Search and view applicants
- Print / view booking scheduler
- Room changes and room swops
- Draw residence reports
- Print / export arrivals and departure reports
Effective co-ordination and training of student reception staff at a residence level
- Assist in the appointment of student receptionists.
- Co-ordinate the duties and payments of student reception staff.
- O-ordinate induction of student receptionists, including: Policies and Protocols, Evacuation Procedures, Fire and Fire Door Alarms, as well as Emergency Procedures and Equipment
- Minimum of 2 (two) years relevant practical experience within the hospitality / facilities / student services/customer services environment
- Matric / Grade 12