Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published07 July 2022
Job Reference No.360178794
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your main responsibilities will be to ensure that the machinery are maintained and fully functional in continuous production facilities that requires understanding of quality of final product and raw materials.
Shift working position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical repairs
- Perform planned maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Align and calibrate machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation
- Attend to breakdowns and equipment problems or setups with urgency
- Coordinating with the production department for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipment.
- Reporting all defects and damages to the Manager
- Completing all tasks as delegated by the supervising authority.
- Effectively managing time and meeting all specified deadlines
- Ensure job card system is always adhered to and completed after your shift
- Effectively handover to incoming shift, and take responsibility for breakdowns that took place during your shift
- Responsible for Health and Safety in area of responsibility and adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Ensure GMP’s are adhered to, in workshop and area of work
- Complying with the industry standards and safety regulations of working
Our ideal candidates must have:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or N4
- Qualified Fitter
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a food processing plant
- Experience filling equipment, sterilizers, evaporators and hot breaks
- Firm knowledge of advanced hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to diagnose and rectify mechanical breakdowns on automated machinery
Other attributes would include:
- Physical strength and stamina
- Ability to use initiative and excellent fault-finding skills
- Able to work with others and willing to contribute to team
- An assertive, team –spirited, pro-active and hands- on approach