Job TitleSenior Network Specialist (ISP / Telecommunications)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 15 years
Job Published24 June 2021
Job Reference No.3717681058
An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer with strong Networking skills. The role is based in Durban.
Purpose of the role
Maintain the reliability and security of the company’s global IT infrastructure, including voice, network, security, and hosting elements. Assure ongoing IT infrastructure performance by building appropriate technical designs and configurations and providing escalation support for the infrastructure. Provide technical advice, recommendations, and support to assist sales teams in building proposals and designs for customer projects.
Support for the network and IT infrastructure
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure success of network changes.
- Participate in the installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing management of network, security, hosting and voice equipment as required.
- Recommend, document and plan core infrastructure maintenance and system upgrades, as required.
- Recommend, document and plan core infrastructure design changes, as required.
- Proactively provide constructive critical analysis and recommendations for network and infrastructure development
- Ensure security of the technical infrastructure.
- Use appropriate configurations, tools and follow relevant procedures to assure the security of the technical infrastructure
- 5 years+ of hands-on network engineering experience in a business focussed environment.
- 3 years+ experience working directly with business customers.
- 1 years+ experience in providing documented infrastructure designs aligned to business requirements.
- Proven understanding of networking protocols and configurations (e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS)
- Proven understanding of monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Proven understanding of security features such as proxy, WAF, IPSEC / SSL VPN, IDS, and UTM services
- Experience with Fortigate firewall configurations and deployments an advantage
- Experience with Cisco Meraki SD-WAN and LAN deployments an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure
- Experience with ISO 27002 and PCI an advantage
- Experience with Sonus Voice deployments an advantage
- Relevant network certifications an advantage
- Experience working with Linux / Unix an advantage
- Strong understanding and experience working with eBGP, transit and IX peering configurations an advantage.
- Knowledge / experience of SIP, G.711, and G.729 voice coding schemes, Call Admission Control an advantage