Job TitleProduct Manager Capital Equipment Medical
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published12 November 2021
Job Reference No.3736555645
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA’S:
A medical equipment product manager/specialist is a professional, usually with a strong technical background, who generally works for a medical equipment manufacturer or distributor. This person usually works directly with buyers or key opinion leaders wanting to purchase medical equipment for medical facilities. An experienced medical equipment specialist should fulfil the following duties:
- Act as major point of contact for specific customer accounts
- Work with customers to evaluate needs and devise solutions
- Maintain working knowledge of products and product categories
- Understand equipment end-of-life and how and when used equipment is acceptable in medical settings.
- Exhibit understanding of medical facility design
- Be acquainted with regulatory requirements for medical equipment purchases
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new product launches
- Establish and maintain working relationship up and down the supply chain with other medical equipment entities.
- Identify and meet the needs of customer account key decision makers
- Set up and conduct product demonstrations for customers
- Consult on delivery, setup, and testing of equipment purchased.
- Follow up on all sales after delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
Most medical equipment product managers/specialists have previously worked in healthcare related fields. Unlike other industries, having an in-depth knowledge of facility needs and equipment is critical for medical equipment sales.
- Sales Related Activities
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Customers.
- Coach and develop the professional sales representatives.
- Facilitate with implementation of divisional sales and marketing strategies.
- Analysis of regional sales, competitor and market share data, then develop strategies and action plans to maximise sales potential.
- Management of resources, e.g. budget, stock, time, systems, sales tools.
- Assist with achieving sales objectives
- Assist with the increase in market share-by product
- Achieve good reporting practices
- Maintain level of expertise
- Achieve successful time management
- Participate in training / development of sales representatives
- Manage stock accurately
- Product Range
- All functions are performed within the context of Gabler Medical Capital Equipment.
- Also, where necessary, provide urgent assistance to customers placing orders for company, or assist with queries as required.
- Responsible for the equipment price lists and reviewing the relevant margins where necessary and required.
- Monitoring industry projects to ensure that company is approached for quotations where applicable.
- Responsible for determining discount structure for customers, both trade and end users.
- Collate information on our opposition and opposition products.
- Personally, prepare written quotations where necessary.
- Make urgent deliveries and collections as necessitated and only where possible.
- Promote the company and its products to the whole industry, private and public.
- Manage Key Account, relationships, communication and activities
- Administrative Tasks
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing Managers.
- Assist Production Manager with prioritizing work in progress.
- Determine pricing (in conjunction with superiors where necessary).
- Prepare and distribute sales reports and statistics for sales representatives.
- Meet with sales representatives, as and when required, to ensure we maintain the highest level of service to our customers.
- Prepare annual sales budgets for approval as required.
- Technical Scope
- Engage in product development with the Technical Manager as and where required, or necessary.
- Diploma/Degree in Technical/Marketing or Nursing
- 5 years work experience in similar role
- Administrative Experience
- worked in a marketing or sales environment
- Afrikaans and English
- Own transport