Job TitleJava Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
Job Published07 December 2021
Job Reference No.3856129227
My Client based in Linbro-Park Johannesburg is looking for a Java Developer
Key Performance Areas:
- Proven experience developing market leading JAVA based Point of Sale solutions in large retail organisations.
- A developing understanding of the SAP retail solution offering and integration concepts within this solution offering.
- A motivated, proactive and dynamic individual with a constant desire to learn and improve.
- A goal driven individual with a strong record of performance and delivering value to customers and bring new technologies to market.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- UI programming (SWING, HTML5, CSS)
- Integrating third-party solutions (SOAP, REST, iDocs)
- Hardware integration (e.g. card terminal, POS printer, fingerprint sensors)
- Designing, prototyping and implementing new software solutions and extensions
- Creating technical instructions or documentations (UML, Wiki, SDK, etc.)
- Report and line printing using Jasper Reports, iText
- 5+ years’ developing retail Point of Sale solutions, preferably JAVA based.
- 5+ years’ experience developing enterprise solutions in Java.
- Strong business acumen and experience in working with large corporations in a matrix structure
- Knowledge and understanding of PMLC
- Capable of dealing with customers and subcontractors at various levels including senior and executive management
- Capable of showing initiative and out of the box thinking
- University degree in Information Science, IT specialist or similar education background
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience and knowledge in software ergonomics or UI design
- Knowledge in Eclipse, Spring, SVN, Junit, Webservices, GWT, CI (Jenkins, Nexus)
- Good knowledge of SQL for Oracle and / or SQL Server
- Knowledge of the SAP solution is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of integration to SAP is a strong requirement
- Excellent business standard language in English, oral and written.
- Comprehensive IT skills
- Extensive JAVA experience and knowledge and adherence to standards and conventions.
- Ability to speak in German is a strong advantage
- Analytical skills – ability to identify problems
- Good time management skills
- Change management skills to ensure that there is high co-operation within the customer environment.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and fault-finding skills. Innovative in finding solutions to problems.
- Fully computer literate (Office: Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong documentation and meticulous record keeping, including notes from all meetings and decisions taken in projects. Given it is an international project team, documentation is critical to common alignment and achieving results.
- Able to establish a trust relationship with the client
- Able to handle situations of conflict and conflict resolution
- Ability to take the initiative and self-teach and obtain the necessary skills in learning the GK internal systems such as JIRA, Confluence etc. in support of project delivery and management.
- Knowledge of SAP technologies