Job TitleSearch Engine Optimization Specialist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 5 years
Job Published18 October 2021
Job Reference No.3913959590
An opportunity has become available for a Search Engine Optimisation Specialist to be based in Durban. The ideal candidate will be responsible for SEO/SEM, manage all search engine optimization and marketing activities. They will also be responsible for managing all SEO activities such as content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks and all SEM campaigns on Google in order to maximize ROI.
- Execute tests, collect, and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs, and reconciling discrepancies.
- Google My Business optimization.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Must be willing to also work within the various digital marketing functions (email, SMS, Affiliate marketing, web development, etc.). Willing to learn and broaden knowledge across the entire digital marketing scope.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry. Keep abreast with best practices.
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Digital Technologies or related.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in SEO and technical.
- Proven SEO experience.
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Link Research tools etc).
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite).
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.