Job TitleMaintenance Supervisor
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published22 October 2021
Job Reference No.3971895671
Main Purpose of The Job:
Maintain essential services not limited to the following:
- Water and Electricity, HVAC systems, laminar flow theatres medical gas distribution, compressor and vacuum systems, generator and other standby services.
- Ensure maintenance standards of the hospital are maintained with little or no convenience to patients
- Manage Budgets
- Supervise the Technical Department schedule planned maintenance and oversee internal projects
- Carry out daily routine and procedural inspections
- Attend pro-actively to problems and issues
- Maintenance of relevant equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns
- Manage all services performed by the contractors on site.
- Grade 12 Certificate required
- Trade certificate as an electrician or millwright
- Formal training in A/C will be an added advantage
- Some supervisory experience will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of hospital maintenance and maintenance of related equipment, HVAC systems medical gas distribution, vacuum and compressors laminar flow nurses call systems, fire detection and alarm systems etc. required.
- Must be able to see to general maintenance aspects, buildings & electrical
- Valid drivers license and own transport essential.
- Must be prepared to do stand by duties
- Customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
Accountability and Responsibility:
- Meeting all the required outputs as stipulated by the job guidelines
- Ensuring that all urgent maintenance related issues are attended to
- Ensuring that minimum disruption to patients whilst attending to maintenance issues
- Consistently monitoring day to day maintenance issue
- Ensure that at all times, work is carried out to the specifications
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code and staff employee manuals.