Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 6 years
SalaryR18000 to R20000
Job Published22 July 2021
Job Reference No.4237084808
One of our leading clients in the Audit and Accounting firm is seeking an Accountant to join their team in Cape Town - Winelands
Key Duties and Responsibilities – Key Performance Indicators
- Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
- Keeping of a fixed asset register
- General journals – e.g. depreciation, provisions, interest, salaries, stock, etc.
- Process journal entries e.g. new instalment sale agreements, interest on borrowings, provisions, accruals of income and expenses, bad debts etc.
- Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
- Correct accounting treatment on disposal of assets (property, plant & equipment) and investments and the calculation of the taxation on capital gains/losses.
- Analyse the resulting trial balance for mistakes / deviations and be able to discuss the results with the client.
- Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors days, Debtors days
- Produce a draft set of financials
- Prepare the notes to financial statements
- Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities
- Calculate the tax liability for sole proprietors, individuals, close corporations and trusts, small business corporations, and partnerships.
- Reconciliations of input/output VAT to monthly trial balance.
- Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
- Requesting information from Clients.
- Review junior team member’s work if required
- On-the-job training and development of junior members if required.
- Provisional tax calculations
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Good communicator with Clients and colleagues
- Strong management skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
- Able to work on their own and run a portfolio of clients.
- Meet monthly deadlines timeously.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Payroll, VAT and efiling
- A good understanding of accounting with at least five years experience.
- A degree in accounting will be beneficial
- Basic computer literacy ( Microsoft Office, Pastel, etc)
- To read and write in both English and Afrikaans
- Drivers Licence with own transport to be able to go see clients if necessary