Job TitleExecutive Manager Product Development Guidance Navigation and Control
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published11 January 2022
Job Reference No.4286230832
Responsible for establishing and leading the team tasked with the development of Guidance, Navigation and Control subsystems.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Establish a Guidance, Navigation and Control capability and lead this team, to enhance and support current and future products.
- Identify required technical resources and develop a team required to execute guidance projects
- Fulfil Primary Systems Engineering functions related to Guidance, Navigation and Control aspects of current and future projects.
- Strengthen and develop the technical knowhow and capabilities in this field, to support the strategic planning of future Product Strategies.
- Design and specify functional requirements of technical building blocks for guidance projects
- Identify and source suitable local and international technical solution providers for projects requiring Guidance, Navigation and Control solutions.
- Take final responsibility for the Technical Performance, Quality of Guidance, Navigation and Control aspects of projects being executed in the larger Product Development group.
- Plan and manage the allocation of manpower and budgets in the group to ensure effective execution of projects and optimum use of available resources.
- Execute line management functions (Budgeting, Performance Management, succession planning, etc.)
- Provide support for marketers during marketing campaigns, proposal preparation and customer technical complaints.
- Minimum: B.Sc. / B.Eng. in Electronic or Mechatronic engineering. Masters Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the field of Systems Engineering, Guidance Navigation and Control.
- Proven Systems Engineering experience in leading major development programs for guidance and Navigation.
- A team player with good interpersonal, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Experience in line management functions preferable.
- Strong computer skills .
- The position calls for a highly energetic, self-driven, independent, self-motivated person with excellent problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Candidates must possess high levels of integrity together with strong self-leadership and team leadership abilities.