Job TitleSenior Analyst: Order to Cash
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published22 September 2021
Job Reference No.542766593
The Order to Cash (OTC) function is responsible to correctly analyse and execute all trade partner commission payments, acquisition and retention accounting as well as generate credit notes and invoices for trade partners. The function also requires extracting detailed records from various information systems and analysing these records for validity, accuracy and completeness. The end result is to accurately reflect the financial position of the organization and to ensure local financial statements are compliant with accounting standards. This function also requires the individual to be an expert in the various systems to enable and facilitate the implementation of new product initiatives.
The Senior Analyst of Order to Cash will be a member of the team performing transactional and analytical processes in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with defined operating procedures, policies, SOX, compliance and business partner service level agreements. The individual will enjoy problem solving and striving to improve the metric of the operational process.
The Senior Analyst will be a member of one of Order to Cash teams: There will be a close relationship with the other team members across FinOps, broader finance and commercial operations, and other business partners.
An aptitude for process excellence and a capacity to work well with people, problem solving and striving for transactional excellence is essential. At least 3-5 years’ Financial Operations experience is required with proficient SQL knowledge and analytical ability.
The role responsibilities includes, but is not limited to frequent interactions with trade partners, resolution of queries, analysing large data, guaranteeing the complete, accurate and timely accounting of all transactions relevant to General Ledger, Review of daily/ month end deliverables that is required to be provided to business.
The incumbent will be responsible for business as usual and month end tasks, which would also be required in ensuring month end completeness. This role is a critical component in building a continuous improvement culture in FinOps The Senior Analyst will work closely with Sales and other members with the trade partner management team.
The successful candidate will also have the desire and potential capability to go beyond this role. They will be a member of the wider Finops team.
- Graduate in a business related degree
- Working across various stakeholders, with strong leadership ability.
- 3-5 years’ experience in transactional financial operational environment, ideally within a shared service centre.
- SOX, IFRS and local GAAP knowledge.
- End-to-end knowledge of OTC activities as well as in depth knowledge of associated business processes.
- Possesses Analytical skills with attention to detail. Required to report to various stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate at all levels (Front line to Executives). Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and within a Global community.
- Knowledge of General Ledger accounting in a Shared Service center, supporting multiple companies and countries.
- Possesses ability to analyses.
- Undertaking or a desire to undertake further education to progress career
- MS Office knowledge, SQL Proficient
- ERP knowledge - SAP , Sage
- Results focused; Can-do attitude
- Either a BCOM Accounting degree with IT programming/developing courses or IT degree with accounting courses
- Min 3 to 5 year experience in telecoms environment either in the Finance business unit or an IT business unit
- System experience in Eppix. Siebel, SAP, Morpheus 2 (M11), SQL and mining and analysis is a minimum requirement