Job TitleProfessional Nurse Neonatal ICU
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 5 years
Job Published01 December 2021
Job Reference No.605277376
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Ensuring that the Neonatal ICU conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurses station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies required
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree/Diploma: General Nursing Science
- Midwifery Diploma is a requirement and is COMPULSORY
- Private hospital experience would be an added advantage
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English) other languages would be an added advantage.
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code.
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary.
- Previous work experience in a maternity ward would be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but is not limited to the following:
Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that all ward duties are performed
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.