Job TitleInventory Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published16 May 2022
Job Reference No.605533865
Manage and maintain accurate and reliable inventory of the client's warehouse & vessels on pastel Evolution and Service Manager.
Ensure compliance to, and where necessary, implement inventory policy and procedures.
Maintain operating stock levels and generate monthly inventory reports, spot checks, audits, and other variance reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SHALL BE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Controlling stock movement and related activities all warehouses (land and sea)
- Frequently review and update where necessary procedures and controls for Inventory department.
- Ensure inventory procedures are implemented and monitor compliance to procedures.
- Setup infrastructure for Service Manager Software.
- Oversee Service Provider and monitor activities on Server.
- Compile training plan, user manuals, PowerPoint presentations, systems checklists, and process models for different functions within system. (Pastel Evolution and Service Manager Software)
- Provide system training and technical support to all users.
- Liaise with service provider and IT department for technical assistance.
- Liaise with vessel management on solutions related to database problems
- Plan and execute quarterly warehouse stocktake. (Vessel and land)
- Plan and execute annual year end warehouse stocktake (vessel and land)
- Reconcile actual stock counts to computer generated reports and provide detailed variance reports
- Recruit and ensure the correct team are appointed for count teams and stores personnel.
- Frequently visit vessels to review stores, conduct stock counts, supervise, and check in with storemen
- Performing weekly reconciliations of stock at the various warehouses.
- Supervise and support data capturing process.
- Mapping, organisation, housekeeping of warehouses.
- Process any backlog transactions.
- Process Inventory Journals to update inventory.
- Monitor & maintain completeness, accuracy, and compliance during inventory transactions.
- Maintain all warehouse stock levels – set minimum stock levels and reorder.
- Assist in forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS).
- Track, audit and ensure adequate supply of inventory throughout the organization.
- Ensure all inventory transactions are recorded as per weighted average cost method.
- Lead and supervise inventory team, resolving problems and setting schedules.
- Supervise Warehouse Supervisor and Receiving Clerk transactions on SAGE pastel evolution.
- Supervise Warehouse storeman (on board the vessel) transactions on SAGE pastel evolution.
- Follow up on all outstanding IBT’s and manage Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that items are processed accordingly.
- Monitor constant processing of transactions on vessel and follow up on unprocessed IBT’s.
- Investigate and report on any long term (2 weeks after IBT has been received) unprocessed IBT’s.
- Identify risks and propose controls on vessels with regards to access control and safeguarding of assets.
- Provide CFO with progress, feedback on any problems and suggested solutions.
- Manage head office Block A stores –
- Create requisitions on monthly basis
- Issue out to Block A, B and C; process invoices for all items issued
- Maintain stock levels
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- BCOM Degree / Diploma in Inventory Management or Logistics
- 3-5 Years experience in inventory management role
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager, or similar role
- Experience in mining/ manufacturing environment preferable
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Pastel are essential
- SAGE Pastel Experience (Mandatory)
- MS Office and strong MS Office Excel skills
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS THAT WOULD NEED TO BE COMPLIED WITH
Detailed and Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Proof of all relevant qualifications and certificates
Police Clearance Certificate
Willingness to go offshore at least twice a year to check inventory