Job TitleArea Sales Consultant
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published30 September 2021
Job Reference No.62387862
The purpose of this position is to ensure achievement of new business objectives, managing and expanding existing client base, targeting and conversion of key opposition accounts, setting and achieving sales targets and revenue growth generated through personal performance, ensuring that best management practices are followed in all areas of responsibility regarding new equipment sales procedures and actions, promoting a customer oriented service and to implement and uphold actions in line with company strategic vision.
- Overall responsibility to set and accept accountability to achieve unit sales, growth and profitability
targets in an assigned sales territory
- Overall responsibility to meet new sales growth / market share increase objectives; responsible to analyse, prepare and successfully implement strategy to target and convert opposition accounts
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of customer interaction and service (develop and implement strategy to ensure proper / scheduled cover of assigned sales territory, developing partnerships with and tailor-made solutions for clients; evaluation of own development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge / skills are addressed).
- Sound financial management of deals in line with budget and company strategy (ensure the quality of rental business activated is in line with company objectives; ensure order take targets, invoicing targets and GP targets are met, stock turn is controlled, ensure key administrative support functions are diligently executed, e.g. delivery and collection of contracts; ensure discounts are approved / within limits; ensure site inspections are carried out etc.).
- Plan, prepare, submit and ensure achievement of New Equipment Sales targets for sales territory assigned.
- Preparation and presentation of reports as and when required
- Overall responsibility to ensure administrative procedures is followed correctly.
- Drive customer service excellence & ensure good relations and communication with customers.
- Participative responsibility to grow department in line with company requirements
- Ability to develop and implement operational innovation.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills Education / Training and Experience
- Proven, successful track record and experience in sales in cleaning equipment or related industry; 3 - 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Excellent work ethic – honest, reliable, hardworking, dedicated, takes pride in work carried out
- Dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; strong focus on internal and external customer service
- Ability to take customers through the sales process; must have the experience and skill to structure and present sales solutions at all levels in an organisation; ability to sell to senior decision makers with confidence and authority – ability to manage an account on all levels
- Ability to interpret product differentiators and leverage product competitive edge
- Ability to negotiate on a win-win basis in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration
- Strong financial / numerical ability; sound understanding of business and economic principles
- Sound knowledge of developing new business / targeting and converting opposition accounts
- Proven entrepreneurial skills (adding value by doing business smartly and efficiently) & development, communication and implementation of sales strategies
- Strong decision-making skills & ability to use initiative and assume responsibility
- Highly developed prioritising and multi-tasking skills; must be proactive with a strong sense of urgency; problem solving and decision-making skills; must be able to function effectively under pressure
- Must be a team player with the ability to contribute to a positive team environment, to contribute to building common ownership of commitment to group goals, shared vision and problem-solving; must be committed to building relationships within all levels of our organisation
- Ability to grasp and interpret goals and vision and to communicate it / implement strategies effectively with evident improvement
- Excellent organizational / administrative / group dynamics facilitation and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to relate to and be accepted by people
- Ability to adapt to and accept change, new ideas, new challenges
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience and Training in similar Sales and Marketing orientated role
- Relevant Technical skill within the Materials Handling Industry
- Relevant knowledge of Groups products and value-added offerings
- Proven and relevant experience within similar After Sales role
- Relevant Technical qualification within industry
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Code EB / 8 driver’s licence