Job TitleBI Developer
Experience3 to 5 years
SalaryR350 to R500
Job Published07 July 2021
Job Reference No.894506510
Our Client, a leader in the financial services industry, has a vacancy for a BI Developer, with experience in building reports using QlikSense. This position is completely remote, Rate R350 - R500 p/h.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of enterprise BI reporting and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and environments.
Working with cross-functional teams (Forensics, Physical security & Technology), you will be required to have Business analysis skills in order to gather, document, and approve business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use BI and database tools to develop reporting solutions to meet business needs.
Using your skills and experience as a BI Specialist, you will design, develop and implement ETL processes to transform structured, unstructured and disparate source data into meaningful visualisation reports using Qliksense.
• Business analysis to gather required BI system requirements and creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Qlik Sense development, dashboarding and data modeling and reporting (ad hoc report generation)
• Application designing, architecting, development and deployment using Qlik Sense. front-end development and know visualization best practices
• Strong database designing and SQL development. Experienced in RDMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle etc.
• Project management capabilities in order to manage project deliverables and engage with various teams
• Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store
• Use ETL tools to load data store(s)/ data warehouse(s)/ data mart(s).
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
• Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
• Strong communication skills (verbal/written) to deliver the technical insights and interpret the data reports to the Stakeholders.
• SQL and RDMS
• Business Analysis
• Problem solving and troubleshooting
• GUI development
• Information Management
• 5+ years’ experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems
• B degree in Informatics/Computer Science or related field is preferable. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered
• Qlik & other certifications advantageous