Job TitleVacation Accommodation Assistant
Experience1 to 2 years
SalaryR15000 to R16000
Job Published08 November 2021
Job Reference No.984204369
Vacation Accommodation Assistant
Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Prepare information for booking material:
- Update holidaymakers and student booking forms, booklet, posters, flat charts and parking discs.
- Holidaymakers’ and student registers.
Booking Administration and Management
- Schedule a meeting with holidaymakers’ residence(s) RFO(s) and RFA(s) to work on flats configurations for vac
- Attend to booking enquiries / requests (telephonic, e-mails, walk-ins)
- Send out relevant documentation (letter of confirmation, payment details, etc.)
- Check students’ financial eligibility
- Capture students’ and holidaymakers’ bookings on RMS Conference and Student Modules
- Follow up on non-payment for students’ personal bookings and overdue accounts for holidaymakers
- Administer payment of deposits (bank transfer, payment details, etc.)
- Complete relevant documents for deposit capturing
- Send out reminders for payments with payment details
- Administer payments for remaining balance.
- Complete and submit relevant document with details for remaining balance Sen. Co-ordinator
- Attend to changes of bookings
- Print final statement showing R0.00 balance and send statement to customer
- Prepare and submit cancelled student bookings for scrutiny and action to Sen. Co-ordinator
- Bill prepare holidaymakers bookings upon arrival
- Assist with fee assessment process:
- Obtain registers from residences.
- Compare registers with booking forms and RMS and capture bookings on RMS accordingly.
- Assist with refunds process:
- Obtain bank or fund details from clients.
Liaison with Residences
- Communicate booking changes with residence staff
- Random visits to holidaymakers’ residence(s) during vac periods
- Print arrival’s list to prepare meal count for submission to residences and catering team
- With Admissions Officer’s assistance, scrutinise cards against arrival’s list
Orders and Stock Records
- Do Vac. Office physical stock count record data revealed by stock count
- Obtain list from residences regarding acquisitions in terms of stock to be purchased
- Compile list annually for semi-durable products such as crockery and cutlery (annual purchases)
- Submit report for scrutiny
- Liaise with service providers regarding orders
- Obtain and discuss quotation for possible capital expenditure
Human Resource Management
- Assist Admissions Officer with Vac. Staff recruitment and selection process:
- Prepare vac. student staff adverts and training manual
- Book training venue and send out invitations to vac and permanent staff
- Provide necessary training to Night Managers
Reception and General Admin Duties
- Receive and sort service provider’s invoices and vac HR forms and submit to Admissions Officer.
- During off-peak period:
- Direct calls and visitors to relevant staff members
- Handle Directorate’s calls from time to time
- Accept mail/post/parcels.
- 1 year post Matric Qualification
- Computer literacy
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of softwares (i.e. PeopleSoft and SAP)
- Good i
- Interpersonal and communication skills.